Help from the greek divers....

Take a deep breath and post all your questions and announcements in here !

Help from the greek divers....

Postby ben_86 » Fri May 27, 2011 12:43 pm

Hi,
I am going to Athens the next month and I have some questions fo the greek divers.
I am an owner of super jedi 106 and I want to buy another gun in my trip to athens so which greek speargun do you reccomand and how is it compare to the jedi or denton.
Second of all I will be in the centre of athens and I sew that there are many manufacture that are located there such as bleu xxone etc... But I couldnt find a spearfishing store,
diveshop.gr is located quite a distance from the center, so what will you reccomand buy from the company it self or drive to diveshop.gr or any other shop? is the prices diffrent?
thank you
Ben
ben_86

Re: Help from the greek divers....

Postby Mavros » Sat May 28, 2011 4:58 pm

There are too many spearfishing shops in and around the center and of course not to mention the suburbs of Athens. Some of them are destined for closure in the very near future (economic crisis=2 as hard for the greeks). In the center: dealer for Cressi. Close to the center is Bluetec. Some kms from the center in various directions: XXone, Trygons(carbon guns of disputed (some say great-others say not) quality) & very expensive. Make really good shafts (most of the time). 65 ks from the centre is Teak -Sea wooden guns (mr TS= Grigoris Minigiannis) great guns with build quality second to none. On a totally different level then your SJ (I have fished with the Jedi). Reasonably priced for this quality. 100% prime burmese teakmeticilously hand made. Down side: need to have patience (in regards to deliveries) ***especially if you are ordering a non std gun. Grigoris is famous for his 1 off specials but .. need a lot of patience... His std gun designs were somewhat outdated(although perfectly functional), however new models have appeared on his new catalogue. I dislike the fcat he hs not had an inverse trigger mech until recently and I dislike the one he has now (even if I have only seen it in pics) not like the one on my guns. Up side he uses top quality components (rubbers, line, shafts(choose trygons). Other guy that makes nice wooden guns is known as XR:http://www.xylina-opla.gr. You can also contact him on the site:http://www.spearfishingforum.gr. known as PANEX.

You can also find std guns like Pathos, Demka etc.in the center. also C4, Riffe rayo & all the other std ones...
Another respectable gun maker (Benthos) is a couple of hundred kms from Athens (Volos) but you can get his guns through dealers. Hope this helps
grtz
plug in your brain, before you shoot off your mouth.........
Mavros

Postby ben_86 » Sun May 29, 2011 1:23 am

thanks for the all your answer.
Did you have a reccomanded shop in the centre?
And how is the bleutec raptor?
Thank u
Ben
ben_86

Postby padimitris » Sun May 29, 2011 8:42 am

you must decide first what you want to buy and then ask where you can buy it.
The most popular eshop in Greece is www.diveshop.gr, www.edive.gr www.freeblue.gr and www.must-dive.gr.
padimitris

Postby ben_86 » Sun May 29, 2011 8:55 am

I am looking for a speargun and wetsuit.
But i dont want a eshop i want to a store that i could go and feel the items
Thank u
Ben
ben_86

Postby Mavros » Sun May 29, 2011 9:00 am

let me have breakfast and I'll post an answer for you Ben
Mavros

Postby ben_86 » Sun May 29, 2011 9:55 am

Thanks mate
ben_86

Postby Mavros » Sun May 29, 2011 10:31 am

This is where Bluetec is located @:
ΛΕΝΟΡΜΑΝ 151 - 153, ΚΟΛΩΝΟΣ, 104 42 ΑΘΗΝΑ | ΤΗΛ.: 210 51.57.8= Lenorman 151-153, Kolonos, Athens.

The have carbon fins ( I have used these) that work fine. They are expensive as all qulity carbon fins in Gr. They also make/sell the wll known Blue guns (Acid, Raptor,OB etc). Bluetec have an entire clan following & supporting these guns. I know a lot of users- some love them -some don't. These guns are expensive. I, personally, prefer quality wood guns.

* Bluetec also market their own suits. Once upon a time (might even be the case still) they used to market Polosub suits.

Some of the best carbon fins, bar none, anywhere: Mtechnics by Makrakis Marinos
Psiloritou 3 , 16344 Ag. Marina - Ilioupoli, Athens - Greece on: (+30)2109763110. they are Very expensive. -through himself you place your order & 4 wks later they are ready (migh be able to get these through some eshop @ once).

Other very/equally renouned carbon fins are Majestics from M Vogas. on: (30) 6 97857 4196
Expensive.
Both these 2 fins are considered among the best anywhere. Forget "the" best, the top few names have all their supporters.

Teak Sea Ltd , Lavrio, Grèce . Grigoris Minogiannis on:(30) 22920 69 220 or: teaksea@otenet.gr. Teak guns -hand made.

Benthos wooden guns@ http://www.benthos.gr. or (30)2421066848, 6938609940 or
info@benthos.gr

About suits: there are numerous greek suit makers: apnea, R calich, Pesca, XXone,Bluegreen etc.Between myself and a couple of dive buddies we have worn most Gr suits as well as all run of the mill: Cressi- Omer etc etc. IMHO: don't buy a suit from Gr or a run of the mill suit. You want a suit, buy either: Elios-Marea or Polosub.

In Gr there are some really nice guns (wood & carbon) and some great carbon fins. The wooden guns are good quality at acceptable to higish prices. The carbon guns are expensive as the carbon fins. These are all good products so buy these. Suits are as expensive or more expensive than the prime quality Italian suits mentioned but not of the same caliber. my 0.02$

hope this insight helps some.
Mavros

Postby ben_86 » Sun May 29, 2011 11:19 am

Thank you very much!!!
ben_86

Return to SPEARO section